Sunday, March 8, 2015

Take a Picture, It’ll Last Longer

Our photographer was a pretty easy choice,customize bobblehead, all things considered. During my pre-engagement wedding stalking, I learned that I really liked documentary-style photos, with natural colors and not too many effects. I just loved the emotion that shone through in those types of photographs. (When we did get engaged,., Mr. Hammer mentioned something about liking lots of depth in black and white photos,personalized bobbleheads, which sounded like another language to me. But he did like the photographer we ended up picking,Gorgeous wedding dress accents - For the best bridal dresses - Bride To Be - Wedding Forum Canada, so that’s good enough for me!)

When we got engaged and I was paging through my brand new wedding magazines, I noticed one guy who showed up in a lot of them: Zev Fisher. I scurried over to his website,personalized bobblehead, and, guys,custom bobbleheads, his work was gorgeous. Observe:

(All photos via Zev Fisher Photography)

So beautiful and authentic. I nervously emailed him asking about his pricing, and the packages he sent back to me were pretty reasonable, not to mention refreshingly straightforward. For one price,personalized bobble heads, we’d get two photographers all day. We could add on engagement sessions and photo albums if we wanted,personalized bobbleheads, but we didn’t have to think about how many hours and how many photographers we’d need.

Of course, since my life’s work is overcomplicating things, I didn’t stop there. I made up a Google spreadsheet and went to work, collecting the pricing information for a dozen local photographers whose styles I liked. And you know what? After all that, considering what we’d get with Zev, he turned out to be the best deal.

So, on a Monday back in March 2014, I headed into Cambridge with Mr. Hammer and Mama Hammer to meet Zev in person. He brought a few (enormous) amazing photo albums with him, and Mama Hammer and I peppered him with questions while Mr. Hammer mostly smiled and nodded. (To be fair, Zev already answered a lot of the tech-y questions that Mr. Hammer would normally ask in his opening, so Mr. Hammer was satisfied.) His work was just as awesome in person—and,,, perhaps more importantly, he was awesome. Very on top of things, but at the same time, laid-back and easy-going (which,personalized bobblehead, God knows,custom bobbleheads, I’ll need come W-Day). And that was that. We signed on the dotted line, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Since then, we’ve had an engagement session with him (more on that later) and have had a great time getting to know him more. We’re so excited to have him as part of the big day!

How did you guys pick your photographer? What was your favorite photo style,personalized bobble heads? How many photographers did you get in touch with before picking your Chosen One,custom bobblehead?

Tags: harwich-portphotographer BLOGGER Miss Hammerhead Venue: Wychmere Beach Club --> PREVIOUS POSTThe Opposite of Easy: Newspaper Wedding Programs NEXT POSTOur Online Floral Consultation Related Posts The Great Venue Hunt: The One We Picked03/03/15 @ 10:47 am Where to Begin…02/26/15 @ 6:46 am Gettin’ Ma Shiz Together, Part 2: The Minions03/05/15 @ 6:38 am The Great Venue Hunt: The Ones We Didn’t Pick03/02/15 @ 6:41 am

No comments:

Post a Comment